EVMS (Elder Victims Mobile Support)
EVMS (Elder Victims Mobile Support) is a program funded by the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) via the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency (PCCD) that addresses and overcomes barriers facing the 60 and over community in Montgomery County who have been affected by crime. These barriers include gaps in identifying and reporting of crimes and/or abuse, gaps in accessing victim services, and gaps in services due to limited resources.
The EVMS program provides FREE MOBILE THERAPY and supportive services to any resident of Montgomery County 60 years and older who has been a victim of a crime (past or present, reported or unreported). These confidential services are facilitated by our Licensed and Certified Clinical Trauma Professional therapists with extensive trauma-focused training.
FREE & MOBILE: Elder Victims Mobile Support services are FREE-no insurance or co-pays needed. In addition, services may be provided in-home, in our office, or any place in which the individual being served is most comfortable.
Our Therapy and Supportive Services Include:
- Trauma-Focused Individual & Group Counseling
- Crisis Counseling (Safety Planning)
- Education & Support Regarding Victims Rights
- Assistance in Filing Compensation Claims (VCAP)
- Information On and Referral to Community Resources
- Transportation Related to Victims Services.
Who is eligible?
- Montgomery County Residents
- Age 60 & over
- Has in the past or is currently experiencing
- Abuse (physical, emotional, sexual)
- Domestic Violence
- Robbery/Home Invasion
- Identity Theft/Scamming
- Vehicular Crime (DUI/Hit & Run)
- Mass Violence (International & Domestic)
- Hate Crimes
If you are in need of these services or are aware of an individual 60 and over that may benefit from victim support services, please contact an Elder Victims Mobile Therapist at:
(610)-277-3715 ext. 250
An Elder Victims Mobile Support (EVMS) Therapist will take your information and initiate the appropriate supportive services.